Required experience Editor
We are seeking a Managing Editor familiar with commodity markets, in particular worldwide trade in gold and other precious metals, Familiarity with associated processes such as mining, refining, assaying etc. would be an added advantage. The selected candidate would oversee the production of a new quarterly trade publication and will have experience coordinating the various aspects of a modern magazine, in the conventional print as well as digital formats.
This position requires an energetic self-starter capable of working to fulfil editorial goals with minimum supervision. The successful candidate will bring ideas to the table and contribute creatively to the development of a new publication. Relationships with major players in the gold mining, retail, and wholesale industries would be considered a significant asset.
The Managing Editor reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Plan, write, and assign stories, coordinate and edit print and online copy.
- Manage the workflow of a quarterly magazine from initial concept to publication in print and online.
- Ensure the magazine achieves publication target dates on time and within budget.
- Ensure a high standard of content, in terms of subject matter, grammar, style, and accuracy.
- Oversee layout and design, bringing a sense of creativity and flair to the task.
- Engage and manage relationships with freelance writers, photographers, graphic artists, and layout and design staff.
- Work with a commercial publisher and potential advertisers to encourage business relationships.
- Participate in industry events related to the magazine’s area of focus, metals and mining.
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism, English Literature, Creative Writing or in a related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in magazine editing and management.
- Experience or detailed knowledge of business practices, personalities, trends, and current events within gold and precious metal sector .
- Strong communication skills both verbal and especially written skills (Canadian Press Style).
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Fluency in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Editor: 5 years
Required education: Master’s
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required language: English
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org